This article describes how to create your first Zadara Virtual Private Storage using AWS Marketplace and how to get your VPC connected to it using AWS Direct Connect service.
- AWS Account (Register)
- AWS Marketplace subscription
- VPSA creation
- Establish connectivity between your AWS instances and your VPSA
AWS Marketplace subscription
- Open your browser and navigate to AWS Marketplace
- Sign-in to your AWS account
- Subscribe to Zadara Virtual Private Storage Array
In the product listing overview, confirm your subscription by clicking the "Subscribe" button again.
You should see a pop-up indicating you have successfully subscribed.
Click on "Set Up Your Account" in order to register a Zadara account.
You'll be redirected to Zadara's Provisioning Portal. If you already own a Zadara account, you may login instantly, otherwise - Create a new account.
Upon successful login, you'll be able to create your first VPSA.
From Zadara's Provisioning Portal, click on the VPSA Storage type you'd like to create:
- VPSA Storage Array - a hybrid virtual array that supports both HDD and SSD drives, offering NAS and block access.
- VPSA All Flash Array - an array designed for flash media. offering NAS and block access.
- VPSA Object Storage - a virtual array that offers Object storage capabilities with both S3 and Swift user interfaces.
Can't decide? we love to help! send us a note at email@example.com.
In this tutorial we will provision a VPSA Storage Array, with 20TB of usable capacity.
- Click on "Storage Array" creation button.
- Give your VPSA a name and description, and select the AWS region you'd like to have your VPSA provisioned at.
- Scroll down, and fill in your AWS connectivity information.
Not sure how to get this information? No worries, follow this KB article to get it.
- Click on "Next", on the next page you'll be asked to define your Storage Array engine and available capacity(drives).
Can't decide? we'd love to help! send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click "Next" and allocate Zadara Container Services Engine (allows you to run your Docker applications on top of your Storage Array) - Optional.
- Review your VPSA configuration and click the "Submit" button.
- Your VPSA configuration will be approved and move into "Created" state (you will be notified by an email as well).
Establish Connectivity to your VPSA
Now that your VPSA is ready, we just need to get it connected to your AWS VPC. Follow the short steps described in our KB article on how to accept and get your VPSA connected.