This document describes how to create your first Zadara Virtual Private Storage Array and connect your AWS VPC to Zadara using Direct Connect.
In case you have subscribed to Zadara's AWS marketplace listing, please refer to the following KB article - Getting Started - AWS Marketplace - Virtual Private Storage Array. For connecting from a local AWS Outposts to a local Zadara Cloud, please refer to our AWS Outposts article.
- Zadara Provisioning Portal Registration
- VPSA creation
- Establish connectivity between your AWS instances and your VPSA
Zadara Provisioning Portal Registration
If you already own a Zadara account, you may login instantly, otherwise - Create a new account.
From Zadara's Provisioning Portal, click on the VPSA Storage type you'd like to create:
- VPSA Storage Array - a hybrid virtual array that supports both HDD and SSD drives, offering NAS and block access.
- VPSA All Flash Array - an array designed for flash media. offering NAS and block access.
- VPSA Object Storage - a virtual array that offers Object storage capabilities with both S3 and Swift user interfaces.
Can't decide? we'd love to help! send us a note at email@example.com.
In this tutorial we will provision a VPSA Storage Array, with 20TB of usable capacity.
- Click on "Storage Array" creation button.
- Give your VPSA a name and description, and select the AWS region you'd like to have your VPSA provisioned at.
- Click next, and fill in your AWS connectivity information in the Connectivity section.
Not sure how to get this information? No worries, follow this KB article to get it.
- Click on "Next", on the next page you'll be asked to define your Storage Array engine and available capacity (drives).
Can't decide? we love to help! send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click "Next" and allocate Zadara Container Services Engine (allows you to run your Docker applications on top of your Storage Array) - Optional.
- Review your VPSA configuration and click the "Submit" button.
- Your VPSA configuration will be approved and move into "Created" state (you will be notified by an email as well).
Establish Connectivity to your VPSA
Now that your VPSA is ready, we just need to get it connected to your AWS VPC. Follow the short steps described in our KB article on how to accept and get your VPSA connected.