This article describes best practice for launching “RHEL 6 ready for Zadara VPSA Cloud Block/File Storage” AMI on AWS Marketplace. The “RHEL 6 ready for Zadara Block/File Storage” AMI is the standard RHEL AMI image preconfigured by Zadara Storage with iSCSI Initiator, Multipathing and NFS client packages.
- Amazon AWS Account
- Key pair for security
- VPC connected to Zadara Storage Cloud
- Pre-created Zadara VPSA
Launching RHEL 6 ready for Zadara VPSA Cloud Block/File Storage AMI
STEP 1 - FIND
- Login to AWS Marketplace.
- Use the search line to find Zadara RHEL 6 AMI.
- Choose “RHEL 6 ready for Zadara VPSA Cloud Block/File Storage” from the result list.
- Click on “Continue” button to launch the EC2 instance.
STEP 2 - LAUNCH
- On the Launch page, select “Launch with EC2 Console” tab and review the Launching details.
- On the Launching option area, click “Launch with EC2 Console” button.
- Follow the “Request Instance Wizard” on-screen instructions.
Note: On the “Instance Details” stage, make sure to launch into a VPC that is connected to Zadara Storage Cloud
STEP 3 - CONFIGURE
- Connect to the RHEL 6 EC2 instance using your keypair.
- Follow the instruction on the welcome page. You'll be asked to provide:
The VPSA’s IP - Connect to the VPSA GUI, navigate to “Controllers” page and write down the iSCSI IP.
- Navigate to “Server” page in the VPSA GUI and verify your RHEL EC2 instance was registered successfully.